Encore’s competitive program exemplifies the core values and philosophies of E&E Dance Company through age-appropriate dance instruction, practicing empathy and respect, and community engagement. Encore maintains these underlying principles through an emphasis on whole dancer wellness within a balance of dance technique, performance, character development, and service requirements.
The mission of Encore is to provide a healthy outlet for growth and excellence within dance education and performance through intensified training and competitive opportunities. Encore staff believes that the successes, challenges, and experiences of being part of a responsibly competitive program will support character education and artistic development. Being responsibly competitive ensures that each dancer’s physical, mental, and emotional health is cared for alongside their training and competitive opportunities.
Encore members will have the opportunity to participate within the program in the following ways:
- Attend regional competitions whose ethics are aligned with those of E&E Dance Company
- Be a part of a positive rehearsal culture.
- Participate in community service and character development activities.
- Have a variety of dance education, training, and performance opportunities.
- Avoid “dancer burnout” through a healthy balance of training, character development, and competition or performing.
- Build healthy connections through being a part of a team.
- Combo dancers: 1 ballet/tap/jazz combo class, 1 additional class, Encore company class, any rehearsals for dances cast in.
- Pre-Level and Leveled dancers: 1 ballet class, 1 PBT class, 1 jazz class, 1 additional class, Encore company class, any rehearsals for dances cast in.
- Choreography intensive weekend
- 3 dance competitions
- 2 dance conventions
- 2 community service projects
- 1-2 noncompetitive, E&E related performances